Dr. Sonali Pandit is an ENT Surgeon-Scientist of international repute having wide experience in field of Ear, Nose and Throat surgery as well as Hearing Research. She is one of the best known ENT specialists in Mumbai for her skill and expertise at treating all things related to ENT complaints. As an ENT specialist, Dr. Sonali Pandit focuses on cases that cover extensive range of ENT ailments that affect ear, nose and throat.
After completing her post-graduation in ENT, she worked for 8 years in Australia and gained valuable surgical and research experience. Her main areas of interests are Otology, Hearing Research, Neurotology, Pediatric ENT and voice & phonosurgery. She is well known for her research work on stem cell treatment for sensorineural hearing loss.
She has been an active voice for the prevention of lifestyle diseases related to ENT issues and has been invited as guest faculty in various seminars and conferences. Apart from her academic laurels, Dr Sonali is an ardent music lover and singer. She is currently getting training in Hindustani classical music. Her other hobbies include reading, writing, sketching and traveling. She also actively participates in activities for social cause.
- M.B.B.S from Govt. Medical College, Aurangabad, India, March 1997.
- M.S. (ENT) from Govt. Medical College, Aurangabad, India, January 2002.
- M.S. (Hearing Research) from St. Vincent’s Clinical School, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, February 2012.
- Advance Training in Pediatric ENT from Sydney’s Children’s Hospital, Sydney, Australia, January 2007 to January 2008.
- Fellowship in Hearing Research, Garvan Institute of Medical Research Sydney, Australia, February 2010.
- Consultant ENT Surgeon at Aaryan ENT Clinic, Tilak Nagar, Chembur, Mumbai.
- Rane Hospital, Chembur, Mumbai.
- Consultant ENT Surgeon at Nova Medical Centre, an Apollo company, Chembur, Mumbai.
- Consultant ENT Surgeon at Kohinoor Hospital, Kurla (West), Mumbai.
- Honorary ENT Surgeon, KMJ Phule Municipal Hospital, Vikhroli (East), Mumbai.
- Pandit Sonali (May 2011) Stem cell therapy for sensorineural hearing loss, Journal of ENT Malabar AOI chapter vol 4.
- Pandit, S. R., Sullivan, J.M., Egger, V., Borecki, A.A., and Oleskevich, S. (2010) Functional effects of adult human olfactory stem cells on early onset sensorineural hearing loss. Stem cells (February 2011).
- Roth JA, Pandit SR, Soma M, Kertesz TR. Ossicular chain reconstruction with a titanium prosthesis. J Laryngol Otol (2009) Oct;123(10):1082-6.
- Cohen*, M.A., Sullivan*, J.M, Pandit, S.R., Borecki, A.A, and Oleskevich, S. (2010) Effect of epithelial stem cell transplantation on noise-induced hearing loss in adult mice. Neurobiology of Disease.